- How to balance language and culture
Canada is a mosaic of languages and cultures. Half the residents in Toronto alone cited a mother tongue other than English or French, according to a 2011 census. In fact, Statistics Canada identified 160 different mother tongues among Greater Toronto … Continue reading
- Educating parents about bullying
- Settling into your new community
- How to plan the purchase of your first home in Canada
Some see buying a home as a fun and exciting adventure while others dislike the very thought of having to move. This is further aggravated if it’s a person’s first home and they’re not entirely sure what to look for … Continue reading
- What are your obligations as a tenant in Canada
- What to do in the event of a dispute with your landlord
- Can I bring my family?
Family reunification has always been a cornerstone of Canada’s immigration program and our immigration legislation. The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) specifically identifies as a fundamental objective ‘to see that families are re-united in Canada’. But what family members … Continue reading
- Canada offers two paths to spousal sponsorship
- Maintaining your Permanent Residence status
- The Importance Of A Mentor
Like most immigrants, I landed in a new country devoid of any contacts professionally and socially. Sure, you do have LinkedIn and other networking sites, but how many of you have the most powerful tool in your arsenal? I am … Continue reading
- End of the Year Investing!
- Thank you Canada!
- My secret? Learning the language
What is my secret? It is learning the language. When I moved to Canada I told myself: I will do any job, I am not afraid to start from the beginning. I didn’t speak much English back then. Back in … Continue reading
- Surrey woman wins Canadian immigrant contest aimed to inspire others to find success
- Exploring Toronto and Montreal with the winning prize