Get information that is essential for all newcomers to Canada


Education Spotlight

Many immigrants get further education after coming to Canada. Some may want to change careers or enhance their careers with a Ph.D or MBA. In most provinces and territories, immigrants who require their credentials to be accepted by Canadian employers need to take continuing education courses.

Bridging programs are a good way to transition from your international experience and training to the Canadian workplace. Many colleges, universities and immigrant-serving agencies offer career specific bridging programs or workshops that you may be eligible for. Do some research to find a program that’s suitable for you.