- Choosing a neighbourhood
When buying a home for the first time, it is important that you choose the right location. With a bad location, you may have to move too soon and spend a lot of money to do so.
- Finding the right home
- The pros and cons of buying an older home in Canada (Video)
- Thinking about getting pre-approved for a mortgage? Ten important facts to consider
Hedging all your bets on a mortgage pre-approval can be either a benefit or a disadvantage. It all depends on how well you educate yourself on what will be one of the most important decisions of your life.
- How much can I afford? (Video)
- Homeownership assistance programs
- Make your dream of homeownership a reality (Video)
For many immigrants to Canada, owning a home is a very emotional thing. It is an important part of becoming a Canadian. Owning a home in your new country is a source of pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment, not to mention … Continue reading
- Should you rent or buy your home in Canada? (Video)
- Home maintenance tips that you can do yourself
Making minor repairs to your home on an ongoing basis helps with ensuring a good resale value. For some maintenance issues, you will need a professional to handle the repairs. However, there are other, smaller steps that you can do … Continue reading
- Winterizing your home