- Nine soft skills no immigrant should be without!
The importance of soft skills in the North American labour market is an underlying theme of Nick Noorani’s Seven Success Secrets for Canadian Immigrants seminar series. But Noorani soon realized that there was much more specific information newcomers needed to … Continue reading
- Finding work after immigrating
Looking for work after you arrive If you’re tempted to set up your computer a couple days after you land in Canada and start blasting out email resumés to every company in a 25-kilometre radius … stop yourself! Most immigrants … Continue reading
- Career advice for new immigrants
- Ready to work in Canada?
- Bridging programs helps immigrants transition
Bridging programs for immigrants Recognizing that newcomers with international credentials may need to upgrade their training to the Canadian context, several universities, colleges and not-for-profit organizations in Canada have developed “bridging programs.” These are designed specifically for foreign-trained professionals to … Continue reading
- Higher education and Co-op programs
- Credential evaluation helps immigrants break work barriers
Foreign credential recognition has been an enduring problem in Canada. Immigrant professionals come here with top educational credentials from around the world (MBAs and PhDs are not uncommon among the Federal Skilled Worker Class), but yet such qualifications don’t seem … Continue reading
- Getting my skills recognized
- Licensing required for skilled workers
- Business Development Manager – Montréal
Rapidly growing technical recruitment team requires an outgoing professional who is experienced in creating business leads and opening doors. This role allows an opportunity to network at the highest levels of scientific corporations, the biotechnology industry, and pharmaceutical companies.
- Payroll Administrator – Toronto
- Bookkeeper – London, ON
- Doctor finds welcome at IAF
Elena Kumar was just making ends meet as her husband, Amit, completed his residency in South Africa. The couple immigrated to Edmonton in 2009 and survived on Elena’s income as a clinical aid at a Medicentre. Then Elena had an … Continue reading
- Pharmacist realizes dream
- Physician brings her expertise to Saskatchewan