Get information that is essential for all newcomers to Canada



Here are some interesting links from the Government of Canada:

Newcomers to Canada 

Are you Ready to Work in Canada?

Accountants and financial auditors are regulated professions in all Canadian Provinces and Territories. Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is the new Canadian business and accounting designation.

    New call-to-action

  • In order for you to get licensed in Canada and subsequently be able to practice your profession, you have to successfully complete a professional training program in the province/territory where you will live and work in Canada. As soon as you decide on your destination in Canada, contact the appropriate regulatory body and enquire about the licensing process for accountants, the documents required, the tests you have to take, the deadlines and fees, etc.
  • It is much easier for you to gather and organize your official education, work and identity documents while still in your home country. Check with your provincial or territorial regulatory body about other documents you need to bring and how to verify the translation of these documents. You might need to use a professional translation services in Canada.
  • If you plan to offer public accounting services, such as auditing the financial statements of corporations, note that each province and territory has different requirements for licensure. Enquire about this when contacting the regulatory body in the province you plan to settle.
  • Use this waiting period as well to improve your language skills in English and/or French, and enroll in language classes while you are in your home country.
  • Another helpful thing you can do is to attend a Know Before You Go webinar to know more about life in Canada.


[if lte IE 8]
[if lte IE 8]
[if lte IE 8]
[if lte IE 8]