The Pre-Arrival Supports and Services (PASS) Program is new initiative funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). PASS is a project of CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses in Canada (IENs), designed to help immigrant nursing graduates before they arrive in Canada.
PASS will help pre-arrival nurses in their home countries before they arrive in Canada, offering supports and services designed to speed up the professional registration process and get them employed as a nurse in Canada. PASS is free for all those that have proof of graduation from a nursing school and a letter of immigration confirmation from the Government of Canada.
- Individual case management for information and referrals for language, employment and settlement services upon arrival in Canada
- Online courses providing nursing occupation-specific English language and communication training
- Live information and orientation webinars providing an overview of the nursing registration process and the Canadian health care system
- Live employment-related webinars equipping IENs for successful entry into the healthcare field
- Mentorship connection with Canadian nurses
Latest posts by Andrew (see all)
- Your First Halloween in Canada Doesn’t Need to be Scary! - October 31, 2019
- How to build and grow your credit history in Canada - September 25, 2019
- Learn the basics of banking in Canada - September 4, 2019