Enrolling children to school. Your child’s school will be determined by your residence address. The school will usually be close to the residence.
You will need to provide all of the following information to register your child for school:
- Proof of your child’s age – A birth certificate or passport.
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) or Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
- Immunization record – Proof that your son or daughter has been immunized.
- Proof of address – A copy of a bank statement, telephone or electrical bill or apartment lease with your name and address.
In some school boards, newcomer students go to an assessment or reception centre where their mathematics and English language skills are tested.
If you have your child’s previous report card or textbook or any other school information that might be helpful, bring it to the centre.
That information is then sent to the student’s school to help teachers understand what he or she has already learned. If you have your child’s previous report card or textbook or any other school information that might be helpful, please bring it to the centre.
Latest posts by Andrew (see all)
- Your First Halloween in Canada Doesn’t Need to be Scary! - October 31, 2019
- How to build and grow your credit history in Canada - September 25, 2019
- Learn the basics of banking in Canada - September 4, 2019