Settling in Canada as a newcomer is not an easy task. For this reason, it is very important that you take the time to fully understand what services and programs are available to you before and after you arrive in Canada. The services that you can expect include mentorship, education, workshops and even help finding employment in Canada. The advantage of getting enrolled into one of these programs before you arrive in Canada, is that you will already be ahead of the competition when it comes to adapting to new work and communication styles after you land.
The learning curve can be steep, and getting all of the extra help that you need can make a world of difference to your newcomer experience. This is where the Active Engagement and Integration Project (AEIP) comes into play. It only takes a moment to register with them, and you will find that the support that they are able to provide will take your future in Canada to the next level. By engaging with the team at AEIP, you will be able to improve your chances of successfully entering the industry that you want.
What does the Active Engagement and Integration Project do for immigrants to Canada?
Active Engagement and Integration Project (AEIP) is the first overseas initiative of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. which provides free pre-landing services to support the settlement, adaptation and integration of individuals moving to Canada.
Funded by Immigrant, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), AEIP aims to facilitate the smooth transition for newcomers to Canada by providing services that promote community and labour market engagement prior to their departure.
One on one services
Having the opportunity to speak to an expert about how to settle in Canada, can make a world of difference to your understanding of the challenges you face as a newcomer. The Active Engagement and Integration Project (AEIP) has provided many newcomers to Canada, just like you, with this very valuable resource. You will be able to:
- Ask questions in-person or online
- Get your answers through our client-centered approach
- Have personalized guidance for settlement and employment goals
- Attend in-person and online workshops
- Overview of Canada Employment and Foreign Credential Recognition
- Education and Health Care Systems
- Housing and transportation
- And more!
- Explore Great Alternative Careers in Canada
- How newcomers can make a great first impression in Canada
- Newcomers and healthcare in Canada
- Get yourself ready for employment in advance
- Identify and set your employment & FCR goals
- Connect to councils, associations and regulatory bodies
- Attend employment programs
Community Connections (very important for immigrants in a new city!)
- Get involved in the local community
- Receive referrals to community services
- Attend community orientation workshops
- Gain access to current local information
To be able to access all of these great services through the Active Engagement and Integration Project (AEIP) you need to have applied for your Permanent Residency, pending completion of medical, security and criminal verifications.