Work BC Employment Services
PICS WorkBC Employment Satellite Centre offers a variety of Free; client-centred and integrated services and resources to all unemployed and underemployed individuals living in the above mentioned catchment areas, legally entitled to work in BC.
The Society offers specialized services to immigrants and other clients with multiple barriers to employment.
All job seekers and employers can access the resource center as self-serve clients. No formal eligibility criteria is required but for Non-case managed and Case managed services clients should be unemployed, legally entitled to work in BC need formal assessment and multi -dimensional need assessment.
Case managed services
Clients who need further help beyond self-serve services offered opportunity to discuss other options and employment readiness with case manager.
• To identify realistic and achievable objectives
• To receive information and referrals of appropriate service and trainings
• Develop mutually agreed upon Action Plan
• Access financial support to assist you to achieve labour market attachment
• Support and monitor progress
Services available for job seekers
• Access to resource center, computers, internet, telephone and fax
• Consultation with employment counsellors/case managers
• Job search workshops, developing targeted resume, writing cover letter, interview skills and online networking and application
• Cashier training to assessed /referred clients
• Basic computer training to assessed/referred clients
• Job leads
• Self- employment services
• Pre-screening and access to a pool of qualified job candidates
• Free job posting for employers.
• Services available in English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu