Immigrants in Trades Training Initiative (ITTI) is an Industry Training Authority (ITA) funded project that assists immigrants in attaining recognized certification in the trades. The mission of ITTI is to inform, guide and support participants in choosing and accessing the appropriate resources and services to meet their goals.
In British Columbia, there are over 140 regulated trades including: carpenters, electricians, plumbers and welders; as well as bakers, cooks, hairdressers and industrial instrument mechanic, etc.
This Program Offers:
- Free support to determine the right trade certification for you. We provide participants with information needed to decide whether to seek an apprenticeship, to seek additional training or to complete the Challenge Application for certification.
- Development of a Trades Action Plan (TAP) that includes career exploration, ITA trade route, job search skills, English language skills,appropriate survival job, and funding and other resources.
- Access to trades-related networking opportunities.
- Long-term support and guidance in utilizing effective strategies and accessing available resources.
- Financial supports to overcome specific barriers to gaining Trades Qualifications. The supports are determined on a per person basis and may include but are not limited to the costs associated with: tuition, books and study materials, refresher courses, costs associated with application forms, transportation while in school, purchase of essential tools and work related clothing and personal safety items as required.
For more information, visit the S.U.C.C.E.S.S. website.